Instructions for the Senior Citizen, SSI, or SSD Exemption Application
1. This parcel tax exemption is for property owners who are over 65 years of age or older by July 1, 2017, those individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income for a disability, regardless of age, or those individuals who receive Social Security Disability Insurance benefits regardless of age and whose yearly income does not exceed 250 percent of the 2012 federal poverty guidelines issued by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
2. This parcel tax exemption is for your principal place of residence only and applies to one parcel only.
3. You only need to apply one time for the Measure A exemption. If your application is approved, you will be eligible to receive the exemption for the entire term of the parcel tax, so long as you continue to own and occupy your principal place of residence. Exemptions granted under the current qualified special tax pursuant to Measure A will not require re-approval and will provide an exemption for the parcel for the term of the qualified special tax levied pursuant to this Measure so long as such applicant remains eligible for the exemption.
4. The parcel tax applies to parcels with land value. If your parcel is taxed for improvement value only (as in some mobile home parks), the parcel tax will not be assessed on your parcel, and you do not need to fill out this application.
5. To find your Parcel Number, look for the 10 digit number (XXXX-XXX-XXX) on your property tax bill, or call the County Assessor at (213) 974-3211.
6. Mail, fax, or email the signed, completed application, with attachments to:
Arcadia Unified School District
32605 Temecula Parkway, Suite 100
Temecula, CA 92592
Fax: (951) 296-1998
7. Return by July 1, 2017. Applications received after this date will be submitted for the following tax year. Prior year refunds will not be granted.
8. Any parcel tax that was previously assessed on your tax bill is not refundable. Any approved exemption will apply for the remainder of the term of the parcel tax as long as the applicant continues to hold the property under identical ownership.
9. Receipts will be mailed to all applicants who qualify.
10. If you have questions, please contact NBS at (800) 676-7516.